Assistant Quality Specialist
This full-time position assists the Lab Manager in all quality duties in accordance with Saint Archer Brewing Co.’s operating procedures & parameters as well as adhering to state & federal compliance. The Assistant Quality Specialist performs quality checks across all production departments including Packaging, Cellar, and Brewhouse.
JOB RESPONISBILITIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Daily TPO and CO2 checks on canning and bottling line product
• Can seam and bottle crimp checks
• Keg DO, CO2, purge, and pressure check
• Aseptic keg sampling for micro analysis
• Alcohol checks on packaged goods
• Fill level checks
• ATP swab of package fill tubes
• Mill grist analysis
• Brewhouse equipment validation (temperature, volume)
• Wort aeration analysis
• Kettle and fermenter fining analysis
• Monitor yeast brinks and propagation
• General Lab Assistance:
o Making media and lab reagents
o Aseptic sampling for micro analysis
o Autoclaving labware for sampling
o Sample prep (filtering, centrifuging, heating)
o Maintaining beer library
o Micro plating
o Sensory assistance
• Computer proficiency
• Must be 21 years of age
• Ability to lift and carry up to 55 pounds on an intermittent basis
• Ability to work in a standing and/or walking position for long periods of time
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Professional demeanor in working with coworkers
• Comply with all Company, Local, State and federal Regulations relating to Health, Safety, Operations, etc.
• Experience in a production brewery or related industry with laboratory experience
• Solid working knowledge in sanitation requirements of a brewery and should be able both to prevent and respond to microbiological activity.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.