This position is full time and operates brewing equipment efficiently, accurately and safely to produce quality beer accordance with Saint Archer Brewing Co.’s operating procedures and parameters as well as state and federal compliance. Brewers perform all brewing and cellar tasks to ensure the smooth production.
JOB RESPONISBILITIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Performs all brewhouse operation and all aspects of the process for quality wort production.
• Performing CIP-SIP procedures including Cellaring, and all aspects of the process to produce quality finished beer ready for packaging.
• Performs all aspects of yeast handling including cell counts, harvesting, and pitching.
• Ability to work in a team and take direction from Head Brewer.
• Investigate current operations for improvement and recommend changes for increased efficiency and yields.
• Follow and perform all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for brewing and cellar operations.
• Assist in the development of or revisions to SOP’s and testing methods.
• Maintain all brewing documentation accurately and in a timely manner.
• Maintain detailed records brew process and production yields.
• Ensures that the brewery and cellar are clean and organized at all times.
• Must have a strong mechanical background with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve mechanical problems, compressors, carbon dioxide, nitrogen, & oxygen inventories.
• Assist Head Brewer in maintaining and tracking appropriate inventory levels of raw materials, chemicals, personal protective equipment and other production department consumables and equipment.
• Represent Saint Archer Brewing Co. when needed with special events for tasting room and outside events/festivals
• Become an active member of the beer community through frequent and positive interaction with industry, media and general public.
• Computer proficiency (POS systems and MS Office)
• Must be 21 years of age
• Ability to lift and carry up to 170 pounds on an intermittent basis
• Ability to work in a standing and/or walking position for long periods of time
• Must be certified to operate a forklift.
• Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
• Requires experience in a production brewery; including a solid working knowledge of brewery operations: packaging, quality control, loss prevention, preventative maintenance, ingredients, and inventory.
• Requires solid working knowledge in sanitation requirements of a brewery and should be able both to prevent and respond to microbiological activity.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Please have your resumes submitted to email@example.com