Saint Archer Brewing Company was founded on a unique strain of creative talent. World-class brewers. Artists and musicians. Professional surfers, skateboarders, and snowboarders… All coming together with passion and dedication to express our one true love: great, crafted beer.
Saint Archer is looking for an exceptional candidate who is passionate about craft beer to round out our brewhouse team. The Brewer I is involved in many of the day-to-day operations of the brewhouse, operating brewing equipment accurately and safely to produce quality beer in accordance with Saint Archer Brewing Co.’s operating procedures and parameters as well as state and federal compliance. Brewers perform all brewing tasks to ensure the smooth production.
What you’ll be doing:
● Perform all brewhouse operation and all aspects of the process for quality wort production
● Perform CIP-SIP procedures including Cellaring, and all aspects of the process to produce quality finished beer ready for packaging
● Perform all aspects of yeast handling including cell counts, harvesting, and pitching
● Investigate current operations for improvement and recommend changes for increased efficiency and yields
● Follow and perform all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for brewing and cellar operations
● Assist in the development of or revisions to SOP’s and testing methods
● Maintain all brewing documentation accurately and in a timely manner
● Maintain detailed records brew process and production yields
● Ensures that the brewery and cellar are clean and organized at all times
● Must have a strong mechanical background with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve mechanical problems, compressors, carbon dioxide, nitrogen, & oxygen inventories
● Assist Head Brewer in maintaining and tracking appropriate inventory levels of raw materials, chemicals, personal protective equipment and other production department consumables and equipment
● Represent Saint Archer Brewing Co. when needed with special events for tasting room and outside events/festivals
What you need for this role:
● Passion for craft beer!
● High School Diploma or GED, brewing education preferred
● Brewing Certificate or Cicerone program certificate, a plus!
● Minimum 2 years of commercial brewing experience
● Computer proficiency (POS systems and MS Office)
● Must be 21 years of age
● Strong work ethic and self-starter mentality
● Great team spirit!
● Ability to lift and carry up to 170 pounds on an intermittent basis
● Ability to work in a standing and/or walking position for 8-12 hours at a time
● Requires experience in a production brewery; including a solid working knowledge of brewery operations: packaging, quality control, loss prevention, preventative maintenance, ingredients, and inventory
● Requires solid working knowledge in sanitation requirements of a brewery and should be able both to prevent and respond to microbiological activity
● Pre-employment background check and drug screening are required
● Ability to lift heavy materials (up to 55 lbs.)
● Ability to stand for long periods of time (up to 8-12 hours per day)
● Constantly ducking under and around equipment
● Climbing ladders
● Manipulating tri-clover clamps, gaskets and valves properly
● Ability to work in hot, cold, and noisy environments
● Amazing company culture that values employees and encourages health, wellness, and flexibility
● Medical, dental, and vision coverage options
● Generous vacation and sick pay
● 4 weeks paid parental leave
● 401k with up to 4% match
● 50% off Saint Archer swag
● $200 monthly Saint Archer beer stipend
Saint Archer Brewing Co. is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, public assistance status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
● Classification: Non-Exempt, Hourly
● Schedule: Full-time, 100% FTE
● Location: 9550 Distribution Ave, San Diego, CA
● Reports To: Brewhouse Manager
We’re looking to fill this role quickly with someone truly exceptional. Apply today at careers[at]saintarcherbrewery.com and tell us why you’d make a great addition to the Saint Archer team!
$16.00 – $18.00 /hour, depending on experience
Due to the volume of applicants, please no phone calls.
Thanks and we look forward to reviewing your application!