Under the supervision of the Packaging Supervisor the Packaging Operator will be responsible for the operation of Saint Archer Brewing Company’s Canning, Bottling and Kegging lines. This position will be fully capable and trained to operate all equipment. Further this position will at times lead the packaging team to achieve production goals as well as train technicians and operators on all machines. The Packaging Operator position is full-time and will report directly to the Packaging Supervisor. Additionally, the Packaging Operator will work closely with all production departments including Quality Control.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Must be able to work in and promote a team oriented and Safety-First culture.
• Safely, efficiently and effectively work to attain department and brewery goals and objectives
• Ensure that all beer that leaves the packaging department meets all Saint Archer Brewing Company quality specifications
• Work with Supervisor and Operators in improving line efficiencies and decreasing material loss
• Maintain the highest possible quality for all beer produced
• Complete shift efficiency tracking forms and log all packaged beer into Orchestrated Beer
• Train current and incoming packaging employees on packaging machinery
• Communicate with appropriate department heads to minimize downtime
• Work in tandem with Packaging Supervisor, Production Manager, and QC & QA
• Operate machinery following all safety guidelines in an efficient manner
• Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of filled or packaged products to brewery standards
• Work as a line operator to package beer
• Work with Packaging Lead to complete setups, change-overs and clean-ups in a timely manner
• Keep the packaging areas and workspaces clean and organized
• Perform basic maintenance on machinery to ensure it is functioning safely, properly, and efficiently
• Complete preventative maintenance tasks
• Communicate all mechanical issues to maintenance department
• Assist co-workers and cross train in other departments to ensure brewery goals are accomplished
• Works closely with the Packaging
• Manager to convey instructions and direction to employees within the packaging team.
• Has experience leading a team in a fast-paced environment. Has a calm, assertive and respectful leadership style.
• Is adept at communicating instructions to employees and making sure everyone has clear expectations of daily goals.
• Fully proficient in Saint Archer Brewing Company’s packaging process
• Able to operate all Saint Archer Brewing Company packaging equipment
• Strong communications skills
• Proven mechanical aptitude
• Knowledge of beer production, storage and packaging
• Excellent attention to detail and record keeping skills
• Enthusiasm and strong personal knowledge of the brewery industry and market
• Thorough knowledge of MS Office
• Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems
• Ability to interact effectively at all levels within the organization
• Ability to multi-task and be flexible
• Ability to occasionally lift, push, or pull up to 170 pounds
• Forklift certified
• While performing the duties the employee is:
• Constantly required to reach computers and other office and machinery
• Constantly required to view objects at close and distant ranges
• Constantly required to communicate with others
• Frequently required to sit
• Frequently required to stand
• Frequently required to use fine manipulation and simple grasping in order to handle production equipment and to utilize the computer and other standard office equipment such as telephone, fax machines, copiers, etc.
• Occasionally required to use taste and smell senses
• Occasionally required to lift and transport items weighing up to 50 lbs
• Occasionally required to lift and transport items weighing up to 170 lbs
• Equipment typically used: Computers, brewery production equipment, canning, bottling and keg line equipment.
Note: For the purpose of this summary, occasionally is used to represent up to 1/3 of the time given to the work day, frequently represents 1/3 to 2/3 of the time and constantly represents 2/3 or more of the time.
Saint Archer Brewing Co. is a craft beer brewery located in San Diego, CA. Employee benefits include health, dental & vision insurance, 401K and a rewarding environment based upon our culture, values and mission.
Saint Archer Brewing Co. is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, public assistance status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.